Nunasi Corporation is a 100 % Inuit owned business Development Corporation.
2013 Nunasi Scholarship Recipients Announced
Iqaluit, NU (October 15, 2013) – Nunasi Corporation in partnerships with Nuna Logistics, NCC Investment Group Inc., Polar Vision Centres Ltd. and Larga Kitikmeot are pleased to announce the recipients of the 2013 Nunasi Scholarships;
- Zachary Cousins, Iqaluit, NU, studying Computer Systems Engineering at Carleton University;
- Norma Dunning, Edmonton, AB, studying to earn her Master of Arts – Native Studies at the University of Alberta;
- Alyssa Flaherty-Spence, Iqaluit, NU, starting the Juris Doctor – JD/USA/Canada program at Ottawa University;
- Napatsi Folger, Iqaluit, NU, studying to earn an honours bachelor’s degree – humanities at the University of Toronto;
- Lynn Kilabuk, Pangnirtung, NU, studying to earn her bachelor’s degree in education at Nunavut Arctic College;
- Nadia Sammurtok, Rankin Inlet, NU, studying to earn her bachelor’s degree in education at Nunavut Arctic College;
- Anita Uuttuvak, Pond Inlet, NU, studying to earn a bachelor’s degree in psychology;
- Laakkuluk Williamson-Bathory, Iqaluit, NU, studying to earn her master’s degree in transcultural psychiatry at McGill University;
- Krista Zawadski, Rankin Inlet, NU, studying anthropology at the University of British Columbia; and
- Dianne Iyago, Baker Lake, NU, studying to earn her Bachelor of Science in the Nunavut Arctic College nursing program, receives the Glenna Zelinski Polar Vision Scholarship.
“I’d like to congratulate all the recipients and wish each of the 88 applicants success in their studies. The 2013 Nunasi Scholarships have been awarded to students who have demonstrated a commitment to their studies. The success of Inuit and Nunavut tomorrow relies on our student’s education today.” Said Okalik Eegeesiak, Chairperson, Nunasi Corporation.
Glenna Zelinski (1970 - 2002)worked with Polar Vision Centres from 1994 to 2002. She was a dedicated employee who showed compassion for all customers. In memory of Glenna Polar Vision Centres and Nunasi Corporation are pleased to award a scholarship.
For further information, please contact:
Director, Communications and Marketing
O) 867 979 2160
C) 867 222 2477
Since 2005, Canadian North has been providing PIVUT fares to Beneficiaries of the Nunavut Land Claims Agreement and the Inuvialuit Final Agreement. With our shareholders, Nunasi Corporation and the Inuvialuit Development Corporation, we are very pleased to once again offer this discounted fare to our Beneficiaries.
Beneficiaries and their spouses can enjoy unlimited travel on Canadian North at savings of at least 65%*., anywhere Canadian North flies! New this year - travel to/from/within the Kivalliq or anywhere Calm Air flies!
*Plus applicable taxes and surcharges. Valid on flights operated by Canadian North.
Visit http://www.canadiannorth.com/pivut to learn how to book your Pivut Fare.